The Laramie County Library System’s Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is made up of students in grades 7-12. LCLS seeks the TAB’s input regarding ideas for programs, services and materials specifically for teens, thereby improving service to this population. The TAB generally meets the second Friday of the month at the Laramie County Library in Cheyenne.
This group won the Milstead Award for Excellence in Library Service to Children, as well as a Youth Leaders for Literacy Grant from the National Education Association.
- Plan and attend LCLS programs
- Help select materials for the teen collection
- Promote teen activities to peers and schools
- Provide ideas to help create an inviting teen area
- Discuss new books
- Volunteer for library programs
Benefits of TAB Membership
- Your ideas count
- You get involved in your community
- You can improve your resumes and college applications
- You get first crack at new books
Board Members Must
- Be a student in grades 7-12
- Have a Laramie County Library card
- Attend at least six TAB meetings yearly
- Attend at least one LCLS Board of Directors meeting yearly
- Have fun!
Interested in joining us? Contact…
Manager, Youth and Outreach Services
E -mail: email@example.com