Bookmobile & Outreach Services
Outreach takes the library into the community. Programs include:
- Storytimes at daycare sites
- Speakers for parents’ groups on developing reading skills in children
- Continuing education classes for daycare providers
- Classroom visits to explore the library’s databases or materials on a given topic
- Instruction in storytelling
To discuss scheduling outreach programs or to receive more information, contact:
A year-round traveling library, the Bookmobile offers a variety of books and audio books for all ages in various genres.
Using the Bookmobile
- Everyone is welcome to use the Bookmobile
- A valid Laramie County Library System library card is required to check out items.
- Items can be returned to the bookmobile or to any Laramie County Library location.
- Return the items the next time the Bookmobile comes to your stop.
- Materials from the Laramie County Library in Cheyenne may be requested through the Bookmobile.
- Service will not be offered on holidays observed by the library. Additionally, service may be suspended due to inclement weather or maintenance/mechanical issues.
- For more information about bookmobile services, contact:
The Laramie County Library System provides homebound services to individuals who are not able to visit their local library, including:
- People with physical or visual disabilities
- Short-term shut-ins
- Individuals without easy or conventional access to the library
How Does it Work?
Patrons are visited monthly in their place of residence, including private homes, retirement complexes, nursing homes, convalescent care or others.
Homebound service — short-term or long-term — provides patrons with personal one-on-one assistance to meet their informational, educational and recreational needs.
Patrons participating in this program may check out materials from the same wide variety of books and materials made available to the general public. These materials consist of books, large-print books, audiobooks, music CDs, magazines and more.
For more information, please call 307-773-7228.