Services for People with Disabilities
The Laramie County Library is accessible in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The Library also offers a variety of additional resources, listed below, for those with disabilities. For more information about any of these, please speak with a staff member.
- Handicapped parking spaces on 22nd Street and in the parking lot
- Large-print books, audio books on tape and CD, and downloadable audio books
- Electric carts, wheelchairs and walkers
- Telesensory (magnifying device for written materlals) in Special Collections area, third floor floor
- Kurzweil (software to scan printed materials and read them to the listener) in Special Collections area, third floor
- Jordy glasses (portable, electronic magnifying glasses) at Ask Here Desk, third floor
- Closed captioned DVDs
- Assistive listening device available for meeting rooms, at Ask Here Desk, first floor
- Magnifier available on all computers in the public areas of the library
- Automatic door opener at main doors
For more details, call us at 307-634-3561.