- Library card and PIN: You must have your library card to access the computers in the center. If you don’t know your PIN, enter ‘WYLD.’ We strongly encourage you to change your PIN to a four-digit number as soon as possible.
- Visitors: Visitors must buy a day pass for $1 (good for one day) at the Library Payment Center (LPC) in the Computer Center or in any blue copy/print room.
- Computer assignment: Once you sign in, you will be given the next available computer. If all stations are taken, computers are assigned in order of reservation. Please inquire at the Help Desk if you have any special needs.
- Library Code of Conduct & Internet Policy: When you log on, the Code of Conduct and Internet Policy will provide valuable information about library conduct, including Computer Center usage.
View | Code of Conduct & Internet Policy |
- Computer assistance: The Computer Center staff offers assistance with logging onto a computer, locating programs and solving technical difficulties, but cannot provide in-depth individual instruction. To help you, the library offers a variety of computer classes and houses reference manuals for many programs.
- Saving your work: When creating your own documents, save your work often. Our computers automatically remove all work when the computer reboots at the end of a session. Save your documents onto your own thumb drive or CD before the computer reboots at the end of your session.
- Time: Computer sessions are 30 minutes long and will be automatically extended in 30-minute increments as long as there are no reservations pending. If you are working on a task that cannot be saved and requires additional time (online tests, job applications or downloading major files), the Computer Center staff may be able to extend your time.
- Printing: Black and white printing is $.10 per page. Color printing is $1.00 per page.
- Conversations and phone calls: Please limit conversations and noise while in the Computer Center and use language appropriate to all listeners.
- Beverages: You may enjoy beverages with a secure lid in this room.
- Library Payment Center (LPC): Add money to your account using the LPC. You can then print from the computers, simply by using your library card number.
- Fax services: Sending a fax to local, long distance and toll-free numbers is $.50 per page. Sending a fax to international numbers is $3 per page. Receiving any fax costs $.10 per page.
- 50 public computers
- Internet access
- Microsoft Office 2007 including Word, Excel, Access, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Library catalog
- Photo editor
- CD burner
- Scanning services
- Resume wizard
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online
- Web design software
- Software for those with visual disabilities
- Tutorials on how to use a mouse and so much more!