Library to Business (L2B) Information Services
Marketing Your Business Through Social Media – Sign Up Here
Starts: Tuesday, May 5, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Location: Cottonwood Room, 1st floor
Marketing through social media can be an overwhelming task. Learn how to create and leverage social media for your business or nonprofit. Presented in partnership with SCORE, Wyoming Women’s Business Center, and L2B.
Start Your Own Business – Sign Up Here
Starts: Tuesday, May 12, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Location: Sage Room, 2nd floor
Learn the basics of starting a small business in Wyoming, including evaluating the feasibility of your business concept and preparing a business plan. Presented in partnership with SBDC, SBA, and L2B.
Selling to the Federal Government Online: A Website Tour – Sign Up Here
Starts: Tuesday, May 19, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Location: Computer Classroom, 3rd floor
Gain hands on experience researching the world’s largest buyer, the federal government. Explore the purpose of NAICS, SIC, FSC, PSC and NSN codes. Learn how to register your business and create opportunities for selling your product or service. Seating is limited! Presented in partnership with PTAC and L2B.
L2B is Laramie County’s business information hub
- Connect with local and regional economic development agencies – experts at helping you reach your goals
- Learn new skills and network with colleagues at L2B classes and programs
- Search databases, websites, books and articles on business, non-profit and investing topics.
- Schedule one-on-one consultation to explore resources specific to your needs
Rachael Svoboda, Business Services Coordinator, is a graduate of the University of Wyoming College of Business and a Standing Tall Member of the Center for Cowboy Ethics and Leadership. A Wyoming native, Rachael has working business knowledge of Casper, Laramie, Gillette and Cheyenne. She brings real-world business experience with Wyoming values to L2B.
|Reference USA||Morningstar Investment Research Center||EBSCO Regional Business News and Gale Databases||Gale Small Business Resource Center|
|First Research||Business Source Premier||Gale Business Insights: Essentials||ProQuest Business|
- Schedule an L2B Consultation with Rachael
- Get advance notification about our workshops and events by signing up for the L2B newsletter.
- Register for L2B-sponsored workshops and events.
Get a new L2B library card
- Work on your business at the library and get extended time in the library’s Computer Center and/or use the Computer Classroom adjacent to the Computer Center (some limits apply)
- Enjoy a free treat at the Library Cafe!
- Meet with Rachael or attend an L2B event to get the details
Connect with L2B
Business Services Coordinator
Thinking About Starting a Business?
Do your homework
- Start-up guides for a variety of businesses
- Sample business plans online
- Local experts on planning, market research and other topics
- Reference USA – more than 24 million business listings and 89 million residential listings, great tools for market research
Already in Business?
Increase your effectiveness
- Current business books and eBooks
- Articles from leading business magazines and journals
- Programs at networking events
- Referrals to local business organizations
- First Research – profiles of more than 1,000 industry segments for market analysis and company research
Working in the Nonprofit World or seeking grants?
Books and articles
- Start a new organization
- Improve fundraising efforts
- Manage your board and organization
Funding Information Network (FIN) from the Foundation Center
- More than 120,000 foundations and corporate donors
- Grant proposal tutorials
- Nonprofit management guides
Looking for a Job?
First job, midcareer change, seeking new opportunities, returning to the workforce
- National, state and local employment listings
- Books on searching, applying and interviewing for jobs
- Job Search Basics class
- Basic computer classes
Investing for the Future?
Make your money work for you
- Books for beginner to advanced investors
- Value Line Investment Survey
- Morningstar Investment Research Center – use it in the library or from your home or office