Library to Business (L2B) Information Services
Start Your Own Business – Sign Up Here
Starts: Tuesday, April 7, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Location: Cottonwood Room, 1st floor
Learn the basics of starting a small business in Wyoming, including evaluating the feasibility of your business concept and preparing a business plan. Presented by John Privette, in partnership with SBDC, SBA, and L2B.
Financial Tech – Sign Up Here
Starts: Monday, April 20, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Location: Sunflower Room, 3rd floor
Explore the best financial apps and websites to make managing your money a snap! Presented by First Education Federal Credit Union and Money Smart Week®.
Budgeting for Debt – Sign Up Here
Starts: Thursday, April 23, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Location: Sunflower Room, 3rd floor
Prepare and stick to a realistic budget that will allow you to live your life while tackling your debt. Presented in partnership with Money Smart Week®.
L2B is Laramie County’s business information hub
- Connect with local and regional economic development agencies – experts at helping you reach your goals
- Learn new skills and network with colleagues at L2B classes and programs
- Search databases, websites, books and articles on business, non-profit and investing topics.
- Schedule one-on-one consultation to explore resources specific to your needs
Rachael Svoboda, Business Services Coordinator, is a graduate of the University of Wyoming College of Business and a Standing Tall Member of the Center for Cowboy Ethics and Leadership. A Wyoming native, Rachael has working business knowledge of Casper, Laramie, Gillette and Cheyenne. She brings real-world business experience with Wyoming values to L2B.
|Reference USA||Morningstar Investment Research Center||EBSCO Regional Business News and Gale Databases||Gale Small Business Resource Center|
|First Research||Business Source Premier||Gale Business Insights: Essentials||ProQuest Business|
- Schedule an L2B Consultation with Rachael
- Get advance notification about our workshops and events by signing up for the L2B newsletter.
- Register for L2B-sponsored workshops and events.
Get a new L2B library card
- Work on your business at the library and get extended time in the library’s Computer Center and/or use the Computer Classroom adjacent to the Computer Center (some limits apply)
- Enjoy a free treat at the Library Cafe!
- Meet with Rachael or attend an L2B event to get the details
Connect with L2B
Business Services Coordinator
Thinking About Starting a Business?
Do your homework
- Start-up guides for a variety of businesses
- Sample business plans online
- Local experts on planning, market research and other topics
- Reference USA – more than 24 million business listings and 89 million residential listings, great tools for market research
Already in Business?
Increase your effectiveness
- Current business books and eBooks
- Articles from leading business magazines and journals
- Programs at networking events
- Referrals to local business organizations
- First Research – profiles of more than 1,000 industry segments for market analysis and company research
Working in the Nonprofit World or seeking grants?
Books and articles
- Start a new organization
- Improve fundraising efforts
- Manage your board and organization
Funding Information Network (FIN) from the Foundation Center
- More than 120,000 foundations and corporate donors
- Grant proposal tutorials
- Nonprofit management guides
Looking for a Job?
First job, midcareer change, seeking new opportunities, returning to the workforce
- National, state and local employment listings
- Books on searching, applying and interviewing for jobs
- Job Search Basics class
- Basic computer classes
Investing for the Future?
Make your money work for you
- Books for beginner to advanced investors
- Value Line Investment Survey
- Morningstar Investment Research Center – use it in the library or from your home or office